I Visited The Whole World in a Single Evening
One of the core themes we explore here is the messy, beautiful process of becoming. we talk about the future the next habit, the new city, or the next skill.
But part of evolving is honoring the stops we made along the way.
![]() |
| josh vistited global village |
Looking back at my time in Dubai, 4 years ago I visited the 2021 Global Village season, I'm reminded of how small and connected the world truly is. For those who couldn't be there or for anyone who needs a reminder of how vibrant life can be I wanted to bring a piece of that magic to you today.
Beyond the Lights and Pavements
Global Village isn't just a tourist destination; it’s an exercise in perspective. In a single evening, you can witness the craftsmanship of Africa, taste the spices of India, and hear the music of almost all the world. It mirrors the journey many of us are on constantly shifting between cultures, adapting to new flavors, and finding "home" even when we are far from where we started.
I remember walking through those pavilions in 2021 and feeling a sense of awe. It was the Silver Jubilee the 25th anniversary and even as the world was going through so much change, this space remained a beacon of how we can all exist together peacefully.
![]() |
| josh at global village |
Evolving doesn't mean forgetting where you've been. It means taking the vibrancy of every culture you’ve touched and letting it color your perspective today. My years in the UAE shaped so much of my mindset, and these memories act as fuel for the person I am becoming today.
If you’re reading this and you feel like you’re in a waiting period, or if you haven't been able to visit the places you dream of yet don't lose hope.
These memories serve as a reminder that the world is waiting for us. In the meantime, we can thrive right where we are by embracing a global Spirit.
Let’s Connect
Is there a place or a memory that reminds you of how big and beautiful the world is? I’d love to hear your stories in the comments below.
![]() |
| Josh exploring Dubai's Global Village, reflecting on travel and personal perspectives |



Comments
Post a Comment